Searching for a nursery practitioner
When searching for a nursery practitioner why not try these useful tips;
- Where you advertise – Where you advertise is just as important as what you include in the advertisement itself. Consider advertising outside as well as inside the setting. Often online jobs boards are the way most people access jobs. Using a jobs board such as http://www.earlyyearscareers.com/eyc/jobs/ is a great way to advertise as it reaches out to thousands of early years practitioners daily and also has a mobile app which is also completely dedicated to advertising early years jobs. This site also makes completing the advert itself very simple as it gives a form full of early years specific questions to ensure that you don’t miss any details and have the best chance at finding the ideal candidate.
- Job Description – Include a brief job description outlining basic duties and responsibilities so only those who are fully interested in the position will apply. This saves time from people applying just to find out more details.
- Qualification – Is there a specific qualification you would like your nursery practitioner to hold? If so state the minimum you require, again this ensures people are only applying for the post if it is relevant to them
- Time – Advertise as early as possible. This ensures you do have to take on any practitioners and means you can spend time ensuring you find the perfect individual to fill the post you have.
- Personal attributes – Often this is forgotten about during the process of searching for a nursery practitioner but may be something you would like to consider; would you like someone with a love of the outdoors? Who is happy to become a future leader?
Searching for a nursery practitioner does not have to be hard work or stressful just carefully consider where you advertise and what you include in your advertisement and you will quickly have a flood of applicants so you can choose the perfect nursery practitioner to join your early years.