The challenges that people face when working in childcare
Working in childcare can have its challenges that can cause some headaches and barriers to overcome. Many people have the perception that working with children is easy when in fact this is the complete opposite. It can have its rewards and it can have its challenges. So what would you say are the biggest challenges managers and practitioners face when working in childcare?
- Not enough time in the day to do everything
- Too much paperwork
- Not enough time spent with the children
- Difficulty recruiting staff who are qualified
- Not getting enough support
- Difficulties in communicating with parents
- Pay scale doesn’t represent the dedication and hard work
- Requirement to have GCSE in maths and English
- Not enough funding
- Not being able to fill nursery spaces quick enough
Many of the above challenges can cause frustration amongst individuals which can lead to difficulties arising in the team. When working in childcare these challenges are common and the only solution to them is to work together as a team to help find the strategies to help deal with them.
These are just a few, why not share your challenges with us