Early years Practitioner jobs in London
Early years practitioner jobs in London would expect you to hold many roles and responsibilities, these would typically include:
· Being a key person – This would require caring for a number of children and building a bond with them, building partnerships with parents and completing any relevant paperwork
· Cleaning duties – All London settings will require you to complete some cleaning duties through the day such as clearing away after activities, cleaning up after meals or tidying the learning environment the children play in.
· Care Routines – This will include bottles and nappies if you find a baby room job in London or meals, toileting and dressing all ages
· Planning – All settings will require some form of early years planning and this is normally a responsibility shared by all practitioners. This will involve following the recommended planning cycle stated in the EYFS
· Paperwork – Childcare jobs in London often require a lot of paperwork to follow the EYFS statutory framework. This will include planning, observations, learning journals, next steps, cohort tracking, progress summaries, all about me forms and 2-year checks. Each setting will vary on how these are done and any additional paperwork that’s required
· Learning and development – As an early years practitioner in London you will be expected to support and promote all children’s individual learning and development through various activities and play opportunities.
Early years practitioner jobs in London require many skills, roles and responsibilities to completed every working day however this is an incredibly rewarding job and the demand for early years practitioners in London is incredibly high. Some early years practitioners jobs in London may require you to have an additional set of roles such as SEND training, forest schools training or many other roles varying on the demands of the setting.