An Ofsted Inspection can be very daunting, below is some questions and answers that were answered by an Ofsted Inspector. Also we have included some mock Ofsted inspection questions that can be used in the setting.
Mock ofsted inpection checklist questions for practice
- .What evidence is there to show the 7 areas of learning and development are being met?
- What activities are made available for children to do?
Care routines in place? (talk to practitioners about what they are doing with the children)
- Is the children’s understanding and engagement met in their learning?
- What is the quality of learning and contribution from practitioners like when supporting and engaging children? Are children motivated?
- What questions are asked to challenge children’s thinking? Is language modelled well?
6.Do practitioners allow time for children to explore, make own discoveries, solve problems and learn new skills through self-initiated play?
- Do staff have a good understanding of the EYFS? How is this shown?
- What information do practitioners gather about what children know, can do and enjoy when starting nursery? (ask for evidence)
9. Can you show me some evidence of one of your key children’s progress? How often do they attend nursery?
- Can you show me what evidence you have for any new starters? (observations etc)
- Are the children in your key group making progress in their development? (tracking sheets/next steps/learning journals etc)
- How and when are parents asked for information about their child’s development?
- How often do practitioners share a summary of their observations etc with parents?
14.What plans are in place for reviewing children’s progress at the age of 2 years?
15.How is the SENCO involved if you have any concerns about a child’s development?
- Does the planning show a consistent approach to learning and development? How are next steps met?
- How are children supported if English is their second language?