Converting prospective nursery parent into a sale
Many parents today looking for a nursery go by word of mouth; therefore nurseries need to keep providing that excellent service in order for those recommendations to keep coming. Along with word of mouth there are other ways to convert that sale, using on-line presence is another strong contender. Most people have a smart phone that they can access daily so keeping your on-line presence up to date is a job that should be at the top of the manager’s priority list, that’s if they want to make that sale.
Websites provide parents with lots of information, what you decide to have on there is down to you. Searching for a nursery on-line is an easy way for parents to find information.
Converting that prospective parent into a sale can be difficult but with a few helpful tips you will be the master of all sales.
Easy system to book a visit;
- Having an easy system for parents to contact the nursery is impeccable, whether this is providing your nursery details at the top of your website or providing a contact form for parents to fill in that contains information for the nursery to call the parents back on.
Quick response time;
- There is nothing worse than waiting around for someone to contact you back. This is the crucial time to book that show around and show the parents what a wonderful nursery you have. Don’t waste time, the more efficient you are the more professional it makes you look.
Always be professional;
- When talking or emailing new parents make sure you are polite, friendly and professional. Some prospective parents will make up their mind from the initial contact with the nursery. Therefore making that first impression is highly important.
First impression on show around;
- Many parents will make that decision based on the first impression. Make sure all staff are happy and engaged with the children during all show rounds. Creating that welcoming and happy atmosphere is what parents will want to see.
Providing parents with a prospectus’
- Providing parent with your nursery prospectus is another great way to help convert that sale. If parents are visiting other nurseries having something to look back at when returning home will possibly contribute to them making a decision.
Follow up call;
After the show round, in a few days follow up with a courtesy call. This is a great way to receive feedback and an opportunity to answer any questions they may have.
Converting that sale from a website enquiry can be a difficult process but by following a few simple steps this will help make this achievable.