- Carry out an audit of your nursery; this can include varies sections, such as your finances, the learning environment, practitioners training needs and even feedback from parents. These audits will help give you a better understanding of where you may need to prioritise your work.
- Hand out a parent questionnaire– Why not construct a questionnaire, containing various points you might want to get feedback on. These questionnaires are often good kept and included in your development plan.
- Look back at finances – Take a moment to look at your finances and see if your childcare business has grown as well as your occupancy levels compared to previous years. Getting a better understanding about your finances can help when setting budgets.
- Setting yourself business goals – Why not take this time of year to think about what it is you would like to achieve, think about this more from a business point of view, this may include looking at ways to increase occupancy or looking at ways to expand the business.
- Gather feedback from your team – Gaining feedback from your team can often be forgotten when in fact this is crucial. It can help address many areas of your childcare business. Getting first-hand information from practitioners can help make the running of the nursery more successful. Use this information to create an improvement plan.
All of the above are just a few top tips that can be carried out quickly, however, the information gained can be a powerful tool.