How to gain an early years job in London
If you have decided that you are passionate about working with children and want a career change into childcare, then there are a few steps you may want to take to increase your chances of gaining and early years job in London.
Various early year’s job positions entail more than just looking after children and involved gaining qualifications, following a framework, completing paperwork and often various cleaning duties such as after meals so it may be worth you reading about the roles of nursery practitioners in London before making any decisions about starting your new career in childcare. If you have read about the roles and responsibilities of childcare workers and have decided it is still the career you want to follow then take these steps to ensuring you find job success.
· Look up ways to gain an early years qualification – This may be online, college, university, apprentice, on the job training, etc.
· Consider other training courses that may be of use – Paediatric first aid, forest schools, Makaton, SEND
· Contact some local London nurseries and ask if you can complete some work experience. This may be unpaid however, it will allow you to develop some invaluable skills and knowledge in London childcare settings
· Create a CV – Fill this with experience, qualifications and personal attributes which all compliment and support an application for an early years job in London.
· Start searching for early years jobs in London – London is a large area so you may want to refine your search to a particular area such as early years jobs in Bromley or nursery nurse jobs in Croydon
· Start applying for early years jobs in London – take time to fill in the application form and attach you CV whenever possible
It may take a few attempts, but in the end, you will find the right early years job in London for you!