Safeguarding children quiz to use during a practitioner workshop
It is an Ofsted requirement that all employees who are in contact with children receive safeguarding training. It is advised that they refresh this training every three years. All Designated Child Protection/ Safeguarding Leads are expected to attend training every two years. Basic child protection training can also be found online or can be booked through your local authority. Keeping up to date with safeguarding training is imperative as it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure all children are protected from harm.
All early years setting should have safeguarding policies and procedures in place that are adhered by all employers and employees.
Why not use this safeguarding children quiz to help refresh employees knowledge
- What does safeguarding children mean?
- What would you do if you had a concern about a child?
- Name the different types of abuse?
- What would you say to a child that reports a disclosure to you?
- Where in your nursery would you go to find more information on safeguarding children?
- What is the designated child protection leads role?
- How often should you refresh your safeguarding training?
- What are the signs and symptoms of physical abuse?
- What are the signs and symptoms of sexual abuse?
- What are the signs and symptoms of neglect?
- What are the signs and symptoms of emotional abuse?
- What policy in the nursery would you refer to if you witnessed a colleague acting in an appropriate manner?
- What documents do you use in our setting to record a concern and a child’s disclosure?
- Who would you report a concern too?
- Would you speak to the child’s parents if you suspected sexual abuse?
We hope you found this safeguarding children quiz useful