Food Standards Agency’s are offering a free food allergy online training course. The interactive training modules have been developed by the Food Standards Agency primarily for local authority enforcement officers, however it may be of interest for anyone wanting to learn more about food allergies especially people who are selling or producing food. The course consists of 6 modules that aim to improve peoples awareness of food allergies and raise awareness of sources of information on food allergies
Each module contains several multiple choice questions. If you are successful in answering 85% of all questions correctly, you’ll be able to download a CPD certificate, this course is equivalent of three hours of CPD training.
There are six modules to study, each with a test. These modules cover
- Module 1: current and incoming rules and legislation
- Module 2: the effects that allergies have in the body
- Module 3: considerations of allergies in the factory
- Module 4: how allergenic ingredients should be displayed on the label
- Module 5: identifying allergens in example of dishes in the restaurant
- Module 6: how food businesses should be providing consumers with allergen information.
For more information on this course or to book on it CLICK HERE