What is involved in the recruitment process for childcare jobs in Telford?
Childcare jobs in Telford will all have different recruitment policies and procedures however all must follow equality and diversity legislation so no one can be discriminated against. Once you have found childcare jobs in Telford which appeal to you, follow the steps detailed in the advertisement. If you have found a job online your details are normally passed on and then setting will contact you. For this reason ensure all your contact details are up to date and correct. You will then be contacted by a setting and possibly asked to complete an application form or send in a CV and cover letter. If the employers find what they are looking for on your application you may then be invited in for an interview or and a working interview.
Completing interviews for childcare jobs in Telford
Receiving an interview is both exciting and nerve racking, being prepared and knowing what to expect can help to calm nerves. Follow these top tips to help you in your interview preparations:
- Plan transport, route and how long it will take you to arrive for the interview
- Arrive early to display good time keeping skills
- Dress smartly and appropriately; remember you will be working with children
- Shake hands
- Give eye contact
- Try not to fidget
- Turn your phone off or onto silent
- Take a copy of your qualifications
- Write a list if there are any questions you would like to ask at the end
- Prepare yourself for the questions you may be asked such as plan an EYFS experience or tell an employer about your strengths and weaknesses
- Speak using proper English
Following these top tips can help you gain the perfect position for you