Do you need help in making your childcare business more effective?
When working in the childcare industry, it is more important to make sure your childcare business is effective. There are many challenges along the way which can make it difficult for nursery owners to keep control of the business.
So with all these challenges and trying to manage a busy nursery why not try some of our suggestions in helping you achieve more in your busy day.
- Train your team to cover other responsibilities. These responsibilities can be as simple as answering the phone or showing a prospectus parent around the setting. Having other colleagues confident in other duties can help managers when they are busy dealing with other things.
- Putting in place an automated fee payment system. Chasing parents for fees is time consuming, when in fact by putting in place an automated fee collection system parents will automatically pay their child’s fees. The system will need to include the date in which fees are due and then responsibly lies with the parent to set up their direct debit.
- Communicate via emails. Why not send invoices or newsletter via email, this is a more productive way instead of printing them out. Parents are forever checking their emails whilst they are either sat in the office or whilst they are on the go. Don’t forget to keep your website up to date with upcoming events or news you would like to share.
- Finding an effective way of communicating with the team. It is important to cascade information to the team. This reduces the opportunities for employees to be left in the lurch and unaware of recent changes. As the days are pretty hectic it is best to organise staff workshops once a month or more frequently if needs be to communicate important information.
- Use technology to reduce time. Invest in using a nursery management software to help reduce the time spent figuring out certain things like staff rotas, parents fees etc.
Running a nursery is very time-consuming; finding ways to help with the everyday tasks will enable managers to focuses on the important parts of running a successful childcare business.