10 top tips in writing a CV
Writing that all important CV could lead you to landing your ideal childcare job. When searching for a childcare Job why not make sure your CV is flawless by following our 10 top tips.
- Address your CV to the right person. Check who you should be addressing it to as this contributes to making a good impression.
- Check grammar and spelling. Before sending your CV use a spell check or get someone to proof read it
- Keep it short and to the point. Don’t add content for the sake of it, keep it short enough the recommended amount for a CV is two pages in length.
- Refer to job advert. Include relevant keywords from the job advert eg good team player, good communicator etc
- Be honest. Only add information that is the truth be honest about experience as they may ask you about this during your interview
- Keep layout simple. Don’t use a fancy layout, keep it simple for the reader to read and understand.
- Be consistent. If using different size font for different parts of your CV, make sure this is consistent as this will help keep it looking professional.
- Include a personal statement. Write a personal statement explaining why you are the best person for the job.
- Don’t leave gaps. Make sure you don’t leave gaps if you have done any volunteering or attended a course include this.
- Include other relevant information. Make sure you include your hobbies or things you are involved in this will show the employers you are a hardworking and dedicated person.
Writing a CV can be a difficult task when job hunting but by following some of our pointers this may make this an easier job for you.
Leave a Reply